Second graders using the laptop cart's new Chromebooks during a homeroom technology integration lesson!
Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome back to the Technology Web page! Here’s wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday season! December brings to the lab new units and lessons that the students will be focusing on in a nurturing, safe and festive learning environment. To view these units and lessons, I warmly invite you to view my Smore newsletters via the links directly below:
I also would like to add that the following exciting learning activities will also be taking place this month:
- Monthly Activity (during the student choice portion of computer class): Students will learn to use HTML (HyperText MarkUp Language) and Google Sites to create and publish a Web page about computer history!
- To celebrate Computer Science in Education Week (December 5-11) students in Grade 2 will be participating in ‘The Hour of Code’. This special event is being billed as the largest learning event in history as millions around the globe will be coding! During their hour of code, second graders will be learning how to create the famous 1970’s arcade game Pong.
As always, I look forward to another extremely productive month of learning and fun in the lab! If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me. I can be reached by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at: 610-696-8869, extension 302.
- Teacher Scott's Introduction
- Technology Evaluation Policy
- Student Acceptable Use Policy or AUP
- Electronic Reader Permission Form (eReader) - Grade 4 only
- Student Mobile Phone Policy
- Computer Lab Website
- Apps and Websites for Programming
- 3D Printer Information
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) Information