Welcome to the Technology Web Page!
Computer Lab Update
Welcome to our web page. December is here and the New Year is near. As we close out 2014, I'd like to wish you and your family a happy holiday cheer! To keep you up to date with our super computer lessons and activities for December, kindly refer to the information below as it pertains to each grade level.
* Grade 1: Students will be learning about keyboarding this month. Students will learn the location of letter and number keys as well as the shift keys and spacebar.
* Grade 2: Second graders will also be learning about keyboarding this month. The children will be introduced to touch typing (using the correct hands and fingers to type each key) along with the home row and upper row keys. Students will also learn about the correct keyboarding posture to use while typing.
* Grade 3: The children will continue to focus on keyboarding with special attention to the skill of touch typing. Students will complete interactive lessons designed to improve accuracy and increase speed while using the site EasyTech and the program, Type to Learn 4.
* Grade 4: Students are beginning a new unit on word processing. Using lessons from our online EasyTech curriculum and then practicing their newly learned skills with Microsoft Word, the children will certainly become proficient in this highly important computer skill. The students will be focusing on creating and organizing content in a document and then revising and formatting their text.
* Grade 5: Fifth graders will be increasing their word processing skills this month. To accomplish this, the students will be completing interactive EasyTech lessons in creating content, formatting content, along with proofreading and editing. The fifth grade will then reinforce these skills by completing activities using the word processing program, Microsoft Word.
To see more December lessons and activities, I highly encourage you to use the grade links displayed under Parent Information. For more specific details, you are more than welcome to use the 2014-15 Technology Curriculum link.
Also, as a new feature to this page, I will be displaying a highlight photo taken during a class from the previous month. Below is the photo for November that depicts the Grade 4 videoconference with NASA!
Thank you so much for visiting this web page and happy computing!
Student Volunteer Contributions
I am so proud of their efforts!
We are a Quaker school. Our values are not taught in isolation – they are woven into the fabric of Goshen Friends School.